Thailand holds a special place in our hearts. The land of Smiles was the first place we ever travelled to in Asia and the country that inspired us to quit our lives in London to travel the world indefinitely. Since then Thailand has become our Asian home and we’ve returned time and time again to explore the jungles and mountains in the north, sun-soaked southern islands and bustling cities. We’ve lived in Chiang Mai as digital nomads and travelled the country as backpackers. Here are our travel stories and experiences from Thailand.
Living in Thailand 2016 – 2017
When we decided to become fully-fledged digital nomads, we knew that Chiang Mai was the perfect place to live. We moved to Chiang Mai in September 2016 and began building up our online income. In between work, we made time to explore the country on mini-trips.
- Preparing to Move to Thailand!
- Moving to Chiang Mai, week one in Thailand
- Settling into our Chiang Mai apartment
- Life in Thailand and Taming our Wanderlust
- Getting a Thai Visa Extension in Chiang Mai
- The Sticky Waterfall, Freedom and Motorbikes
- Life in Chiang Mai, one month update
- Our Mae Salong Mountain Haven
- The Cost of Living in Chiang Mai
- Temples in Chiang Mai, our Favourite 5
- Thailand’s White Temple
- A Bangkok Break
- Getting a Thai Visa in Penang
- Loy Krathong, Yi Peng and a bit of Lantern-Related Terror
- A Spin on the Mae Hong Son Loop
- We just got Married in Thailand!
- How to get Married in Thailand
- Visa Run to the Thai Embassy in Hanoi
- Koh Lanta – Sunsets, Dog Walks and Jellyfish
- Songkran Festival Chiang Mai
Thailand travel 2015
After spending a year teaching English in Hanoi, Vietnam, we returned to Thailand for a holiday. After chilling out on Koh Chang, we returned to our beloved Chiang Mai.
- Dreaming of a Thailand Holiday
- Holidaying on Koh Chang
- Chilling in Chiang Mai
- Our Favourite Chiang Mai Restaurants and Eateries
Thailand travel 2013 – 2014
This period of time was all about fast-paced travel and visits from friends and family. From temple-hopping in Bangkok to visiting elephants and volunteering with dogs in Chiang Mai, we covered a lot of ground. These adventures include learning about the country’s war history in Kanchanaburi, celebrating Songkran for the first time and renting an apartment in Chiang Mai for a month.
- Travel Companions, Exhaustion and Thailand
- Our Thai Zip Lining Tour and Safety Standards Abroad
- Sightseeing in Chiang Mai
- A Trip to the Elephant Nature Park
- Volunteering with Animals Abroad: Our Week at the Dog Rescue Project
- The Problem With Phi Phi
- Living History and a Journey on the Death Railway
- Does Travel Ruin your Future Prospects?
- Exploring Waterfalls At Erawan National Park
- An Unexpected Hit: Koh Phangan
- Visiting Koh Tao
- Journeys From Hell
- Our Costs for Travelling in Thailand for Two Months
- Searching for Chiang Mai Properties
- Our 2013 Country Run-Down
- A Slice of Pai
- Cost of Living in Chiang Mai for One Month
- Heading South For a Koh Samui Holiday
- Chiang Rai – More Than Meets the Eye
- Video: Three Months in Thailand
- Why we Keep Coming Back to Thailand
- Celebrating Songkran 2014 and Saying Goodbye